Australasian Hypothalamic Neuroscience Networking Meeting
- February 2017: South Island Cycle Challenge taken up by CNE
- February 2017: New publication is editor's choice
- December 2016: PhD candidate produces exceptional thesis
- November 2016: Major Marsden funding success for CNE researchers
- October 2016: Prof. Colin Brown IPL
- August 2016: PhD student awarded prize
- June 2016: CNE PhD prize winner
- June 2016: Research Milestone for Professor
- June 2016: CNE awarded 4 HRC project grants in 2015/16 round
Welcome to the University of Otago Centre for Neuroendocrinology (CNE).
The CNE comprises ten research groups focused upon understanding how the brain controls hormone levels and how hormones control brain function.
We have three themes of research that focus upon understanding the neural regulation of
The CNE is a University of Otago Research Centre of Excellence and the largest cluster of neuroendocrinologists in the Southern Hemisphere. Investigations within CNE laboratories utilise a wide range of neuroscience methodologies ranging from molecular biology and genetically-manipulated rodent models to electrophysiological, optogenetic, morphological, cell imaging and whole animal approaches. Please look through the Laboratory pages to see what we are up to.
Allan Herbison, Director